My Local Speechie provides mobile intervention for children at home, at childcare, at school and other areas in the community. We can facilitate and support a family during important transitions in a child's life (e.g. accessing a playgroup, going to childcare for the first time, transition to school).
WHAT CAN MY LOCAL SPEECHIE PROVIDE?
Your local speech pathologist can assess and provide intervention to a child with:
- difficulties identifying, planning and organising, or pronouncing sounds
- difficulties understanding and using language
- voice difficulties
- needs for alternative communication
- social language and interaction skills (particularly children with Autism)
- literacy difficulties (reading and writing)
Some children may be eligible for 5 Medicare rebated sessions of Speech Pathology per year. Please ask your GP about this (the Chronic Disease Management Plan, previously called Enhanced Primary Care Plan). See Medicare website for more information.
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE
If you have private health insurance, you may be able to claim for some speech pathology services. Ask your provider about your eligibility for speech pathology rebates.